Laura B. Danielson
Laura B. Danielson represents clients in Social Security Disability proceedings and specializes in legal research and writing with a focus on personal injury, automobile no-fault law, federal civil rights, and appeals.
Central Michigan University (B.S. summa cum laude 2010); Michigan State University College of Law (J.D. summa cum laude 2013); Senior Articles Editor of the Michigan State Law Review; Law Clerk to the Honorable Paul L. Maloney, U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan (2013-2015)
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan – Western Region Past President
- Grand Rapids Bar Association – Former Young Lawyers Section Board Member
- State Bar of Michigan – Former Law and the Media Committee Member
- Federal Bar Association
- NOSSCR: National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
Awards and Achievements
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star, 2022 and 2023
- Grand Rapids Magazine’s Top Lawyers, 2023
- Author of Giving Teeth to the Watchdog: Optimizing Open Records Appeals Processes to Facilitate the Media’s Use of FOIA Laws, 2012 Mich. St. L. Rev. 981 (2014),
- Author of Camera Shy and Unaccountable: The Constitutional, Statutory, and Democratic Ramifications of Police Seizing and Deleting Photos and Video Taken in Public.
- Ranked first in the 2013 Michigan State University College of Law class; earned Jurisprudence Achievement Awards for the highest grades in Torts; Civil Procedure; Research, Writing, and Advocacy; Michigan Statutory Personal Injury Practice; Federal Jurisdiction; Basic Income Taxation; Federal Investigation and Prosecution; Criminal Law; Criminal Procedure; and Professional Responsibility
- Volunteer for Days for Girls International
- Musician and librarian at Fifth Reformed Church